Registering for the Safetoken enables you carry out transactions on any web merchant site that has integrated to the Interswitch payment gateway using a One Time Password (OTP) as a second level authentication process in addition to your Card Number, Card Expiry Date, PIN and CVV2 code.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR SAFETOKEN
Go to your nearest bank branch and request for your card to be enrolled for the Safetoken
1. Go to the nearest ATM, and insert your ATM card
2. Input your 4-digit PIN and press Enter
3. Select PAY BILLS from the menu list on the ATM screen
4. Select your bank account type eg Savings or Current
5. Select OTHERS from the bill payment menu option list
6. Enter 322222 as the Payment Code
7. Enter your Phone Number as the Customer Reference Number and select PROCEED
8. You will get a display “DO YOU WANT TO MAKE THIS PAYMENT?” Amount Due:N1
DO NOT edit the amount to be paid
9. Click on PAY AMOUNT DUE
10. Enter your phone number again, then click proceed.
* You will then get a confirmation page indicating the registration was successful
*Note that a surcharge of N100 may be applicable to a successful registration.
USING THE SAFETOKEN SERVICE
Once you are able to complete the registration either at the bank branch or at an ATM, you will be able to receive One Time Passwords (OTPs) to complete online payments.
Please note that you may need to request for your card to be activated for online payments by your bank before you are able to complete online payments successfully.