Jamb Direct Entry Registration Requirement for 2017
Are you ND/NCE or Higher Diploma holders looking for information about jamb direct entry registration?
You are at the right place because you will get all information you need to know about direct entry registration.
Jamb direct entry registration is a prerequisite for candidates who want to get direct admission to university after completion of their National Diploma (ND) National Certificate of Education or any other higher diploma qualification.
Direct Entry Jamb Registration Requirements
Jamb direct entry registration is for candidates who have certificate in ND, NCE, Higher Diploma or those who have First Degree but either want to change course or want to obtain another First degree certificate.
The following are the requirements for jamb direct entry registration into Nigeria Universities:
- Recent passport photograph
- O level result (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB etc) with 5 credits including Mathematics and English Language in not more than 2 sittings.
- Your Higher Qualification Result: What is needed for the registration include: Matric Number, Your grade, Month and Year of Graduation and your course.
- Previous Jamb Registration Number: This is your previous jamb registration that either offered you admission or a regularized jamb registration number.
If your admission to polytechnic or college of education was not given by jamb, you should go to your school where you graduated from and request for your regularized admission number. You will pay certain amount of money which differs from school to school. Contact your school to know how much you are to pay
But if you don’t want to go through the rigorous process, you can choose ‘other Diploma‘ while doing your jamb direct entry registration. This is because you will not be asked for any previous jamb registration number.
But it is advisable to get this reg number, because nobody knows if it has any effect on your admission.
On the other hand, if you are using Higher Diploma for your jamb direct entry registration, you will not be asked for previous jamb reg number.
Other requirements are:
- Your finger biometric capturing: This is also necessary for jamb direct entry registration, hence your presence is needed.
- Selection of Institution: You are allowed to choose two different schools, first and second choice. But the general belief is that you rarely considered for the second choice. So many candidates prefer to choose the same institution both as first and second choice. It is your choice, though to choose same schools as first and second choice or different schools.
After your jamb registration, print your slip and submit together with photocopies of the below listed item to any jamb office close to you.
- Your O ‘level result
- Higher level Certificates
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Local government Certificate
Do you have any info you want to shear , feel free to use the comment form below or join our newsletter list to receive jamb latest news.
Also Read: Direct Entry Instruction