Jamb Direct Entry form for 2017/2018 will be on sale as from 10th of July 2017. This is contained in a publication made available on Monday by JAMB’s Head of Public Relations, Fabian Benjamin.
Mr Benjamin noted that for a candidate to obtain Jamb Direct Entry form, he/she must have Advanced Level, Diploma or its equivalent. On the other hand, foreign candidates must possess proof of residency abroad. According to him:
“For the foreign candidates to be eligible to write examination in a foreign centre, you must have stayed in the foreign country for at least a minimum of six months.
“You must have schooled there, you must have had your secondary education there; you must show evidence of having stayed there for period of six months.
If you have stayed in Nigeria and just fly to London to register, you are not eligible; you must have schooled or had your secondary education outside the country.
Not that you just finished Senior Secondary Certificate Examination in 2016, and you are rushing to the United Kingdom to go and write your examination,” Benjamin said.
He noted that measures had been put in place to ensure that candidates who wrote the previous examination and failed were not registered in foreign countries unless they meet the guideline.
Benjamin explained further that the Direct Entry would be sold at the same price previously pegged at N5,000, adding that the Board was yet to fix the price for application for foreign candidates.
“We are discussing on that, we are looking at selling the forms at $100 (N31,525.00) for Africans and $150 (N47,287.50) for non-Africans,” he said.
He said that the JAMB Direct Entry Form was mainly for people who already possessed a diploma certificate and wished to do a programme in the university.
Jamb Direct Entry Form Requirement
Jamb direct entry registration is for candidates who have certificate in ND, NCE, Higher Diploma or those who have First Degree but either want to change course or want to obtain another First degree certificate.
The following are the requirements for jamb direct entry registration into Nigeria Universities:
- Recent passport photograph
- O level result (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB etc) with 5 credits including Mathematics and English Language in not more than 2 sittings.
- Your Higher Qualification Result: What is needed for the registration include: Matric Number, Your grade, Month and Year of Graduation and your course.
- Previous Jamb Registration Number: This is your previous jamb registration that either offered you admission or a regularized jamb registration number.
- Jamb Direct Entry Examination: Candidates will now sit for jamb exams.
Other Related Post