WAEC GCE Registration (2017) for External Candidate is Ongoing
This is to bring to the notice of the general public especially students who have deficiencies in some of their WAEC results, that WAEC GCE registration for external candidate for 2017 has commenced.
Guideline for WAEC CGE Registration
For any candidate who wants to register for 2017 WAEC GCE, follow this following guideline for a successful registration:
- Login Details: Candidates are to start their WAEC GCE Registration by enrolling their fingerprints and capturing other personal details using the Biometric Data Capture software. Click here to download the biometric machine software if you have a fingerprint scanner or visit any Registration Centre with such facilities to scan your fingerprints. Ensure your Surname, First name and other names are captured using the software. Make sure to cross check all the details before submission. This is because you will not be able to change you data, especially your name after submission. Also keep record of your login details (your username and password) in case you want to reprint your photocard again.
- Bio Data: You are required to enter your bio data which includes Gender, Disability, Marital Status, Maiden Name (if applicable), Date of Birth, Nationality and State of Origin. Note that your name must not be more than 40 characters, this includes spaces between the surname, firstname and other name. Please select NONE for disability information if you are not disabled.
- Uploading of Passport: You are required to upload your scanned passport photograph with a white background. The photograph must be a recent one and must be in Joint Portable Exchange (jpg) format. Note that the photograph you upload will be printed on your photocard and certificate. The dimension of the passport must be exactly 275 X 314 pixels. The photograph must not be more than 15 kilobytes and not less than 7 kilobytes in size. Use this online software to resize your picture.
- Contact Information: You are required to supply your contact information which includes telephone, email, residential address, residential city, residential state, postal address, city and state for waec gce registration. Note that Telephone number is compulsory since it would be used to contact the candidate should the need arise.
- Selection of Preferred Examination Town: You are required to select the state and town you wish to write the examination. The exact centre will be automatically assigned to you by the system. You cannot choose exact centre where you will write your waec gce exams, you can only choose a town and you will be automatically be placed in any available centre with that town. Please note that you cannot change your examination town after submission
- Subject Selection: English Language and Mathematics have been automatically selected for you because they are compulsory. You are required to select the other subjects you wish to register for in this examination. Please note that a minimum of Seven (7) and a maximum of Nine (9) subjects are allowed (English Language and Mathematics inclusive).
- Declaration: You are required to read the declaration section carefully and check or tick the checkboxes before submitting your form. You cannot proceed unless you have done this.
- Submitting Registration: Once you have completed the waec gce registration form, you are required to click the ACCEPT button after which a preview of your details will be displayed. You are required to review your application at this stage and click the EDIT button if you desire to make any modification. You should click the SAVE button if you want to save your application and still be able to come back and modify it. Note that you can only modify up to 3 times. Click the SUBMIT button if you want to submit your application. NOTE that you will no longer be able to modify your application once you click the SUBMIT button.
- Printing Of Admission Notice/Photo Card: On successful completion and submission of your waec gce registration form, the system will allocate a centre to you and generate your examination number. You should then print the admission notice/photo card. Note that this document will be required before you are allowed into the examination hall.
The closing date for WAEC GCE registration is 28/07/2017
Note: Candidates are to note that, with effect from WASSCE for Private Candidates, 2017, request for the printing of certificates will be done electronically via www.waecng.org.