How to Register for Jamb Examination for 2017
The question most candidates are asking now is how to register for jamb this year?
With the re-structure of the board this year, there are lot of modifications on how to register for jamb exams for this year. The new registrar is consulting with all stakeholder to see that this year exercise is hitch free.
In one of his consultations, he met with the computer based examination (CBT) center owners last week Tuesday (13/12/2016) at university of Lagos where modalities on how to register for jamb were discussed. Some of these modalities are enumerated below:
Modalities for Jamb Registration
- The use of scratch care is henceforth discontinue. This according to the register has to put in place because of the use of card is prone to fraudulent, outdated and has zero accountability. Therefore for this year jamb registration, there will be no use of scratch card
- The payment shall be Electronic Payment. The payment option for this year registration shall be electronic through the use of Online payment (Visa, Mastercard, Verve ets), Point on sale (POP), ATM, Quick Teller, Bank payment etc.
- Each candidate will register as a user using the Board’s Portal and thereafter login to do some preregistration (that is if you can do it on your own). The cyber cafe is out of picture this time around, please don’t give any money to cyber cafe owner because the registration can only be done on configured cbt center’s system.
4. Another point on how to register for jamb this year is that there is going to be bank officials at each center that will assist candidates in creating their accounts. After that you can proceed to the center official to help you to do your registration. If you can register on your own, there will be computers available at each center for you to do it. Though it is only the center official that will take your 10 fingers biometric capturing.
5. Amount to be paid: The total amount for jamb this year is N6,200.
The break down
Jamb Form Payment N5,000
CBT Center Service Fee: N700
Jamb Mandatory Book N500
All monies are to be paid to the Bank official either Cash or with Card.
Note: For your best performance in this year’s jamb exams, download this jamb cbt software and practice with it
1 thought on “How to Register for Jamb for 2017 Exams”