Bowen University Post UTME Application 2017/2018
The management of the Bowen University, Iwo has just announced the commencement of the sale of form for 1st post UTME exercise for the session 2017/2018 academic session.
Bowen University Admission Requirement
(a) All applicants are required to sit for the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)
(b) Applicants are to complete the on-line application form by visiting University website
(c) All applicants are required to have credits at SSCE, GCE, NECO, NABTEB or approved equivalent in at least five (5) subjects, which must include English Language and four other subjects as may be specified by each Faculty.
(d) The five credits should be obtained in not more than two sittings.
(e) For Medicine and Surgery (MB;BS), Nursing Science and Physiotherapy programmes, the five credits (including Mathematics and English) must be obtained at only one sitting.
(f) Candidates awaiting results may apply.
(g) All applicants will be required to go through Bowen University Screening Exercise.
(h) Interested candidates who will apply to JAMB for admission and wish to change their choice to Bowen University are required to:
1. Apply for change of institution through JAMB
2. Complete the Bowen University On-line Application Form
3. Participate in the Bowen screening exercise.
(ii) DIRECT ENTRY
All applicants for direct entry must satisfy any of the following:
(a) NCE at credit level, ND and approved equivalents with at least Lower Credit in relevant fields.
(b) At least two Advanced Level passes at acceptable grade level.
(c) The Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB),Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) or Cambridge moderated School of Basic Studies at acceptable grade levels.
(d) In addition to NCE/ND/IJMB, JUPEB or two Advanced Level papers specified by each Faculty or programme, candidates must also satisfy the Ordinary Level requirements.
(e) HND holders may be admitted to 200 Level or 300 Level depending on the regulation guiding admission into each department / programme.
All direct entry candidates are required to apply through JAMB.
Method of Application
(a) On-Line Application
To complete the on-line application form:
Visit Bowen University website @ www.bowenuniversity.edu.ng
- Click on “Apply Now” under the UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION sub menu. This takes you to the admission guide. Go through it and click on “CLICK HERE TO APPLY” at the bottom of the page, to create an identity (Pre-Registration).
- After the pre-registration, generate a payment invoice with your unique transaction ID for the sum of Ten thousand Naira (N10, 000) only as application form fee.
- Then, proceed to Quick teller page to make payment online.
- Payment for on-line forms through Banks – After generating a unique transaction ID through the University website, applicants may proceed to any of the following banks with their transaction ID to make payments: Skye Bank, Sterling Bank, Diamond Bank, First Bank, Guarantee Trust Bank and Zenith Bank Plc.
- Upon confirmation of payment, proceed to the School Admission page “apply.bowenuniversity.edu.ng/apply to log in using your already created username and password in order to complete and submit the application form.
- Upon successful submission, print out your acknowledgement card and profile.
- On-Line Application Forms are also available for sale at the Bowen Microfinance Bank, Baptist Academy Compound, Obanikoro, Lagos. Contact: 08034955444, 08023672806, 08062435570.
(b) Off-Line Application Forms
- Application Forms may be obtained from any of the Application Form Sales Centres indicated in ‘H’ below upon the presentation of a non-refundable application fee of N10, 000.00 (Ten thousand naira) only in bank draft payable to Bowen University, Iwo from any of the following banks: Skye Bank Plc, Diamond Bank Plc, United Bank For Africa (UBA), Guarantee Trust Bank, Sterling Bank Plc and Zenith Bank Plc.
- Candidates must indicate their names and addresses at the back of the Bank Draft.
Screening of Candidates
All applicants are to appear for BOWEN University Screening Exercise to be conducted by the University on a date to be announced later at any of the following preferred Centre:
(i) Baptist Academy, Obanikoro, Lagos
(ii) Baptist College of Theology NTA/TV Road, Benin-City
(iii) Baptist Model Secondary School, Obinze, Along Owerri/Port-Harcourt Road, Owerri, Imo State.
(iv) Fullness of God Nursery and Primary School, Ijapo Estate, Akure.
(v) Baptist Theological Seminary, Kaduna
(vi) Bowen University, Iwo,
(vii) Bowen University Pre-Degree Programme Centre, Osogbo.
(viii) Faith Baptist College,#1 Rumuaparaeli Street, Beside Holy Rosary Secondary School, Old GRA Port-Harcourt, Rivers State.
(ix) First Baptist Church, Area 11, Garki, Abuja.
(x) Union Baptist Grammar School, Ga-Akanbi, Ilorin, Kwara State.
(xi) Baptist Girls College, Missions, Idi Aba, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
(xii) Delta Baptist Conference Amupre, Sapele, Delta State
(xiii) Gilgal International School, Shelter Afrique Extension, Mbiabong, Uyo, Akwa – Ibom State
Candidates should come along with the following for the screening exercise:
i. Off line / On-line Generated Acknowledgement forms
ii. 2017 UTME result slip
iii. O’Level result
iv. Birth certificate
The screening of candidates will start at 9.00am in each of the venues
For Further enquires please visit our websitewww.bowenuniversity.edu.ng or contact: the Registrar, Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State.
Also Read: Available Courses at BOWEN